Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gamer Nostalgia : Kirby Super Star

Welcome to Gamer Nostalgia! Where I review old school games and remember why they are so great, and Adam of The Talk Box reviews the soundtrack.
Thanks Adam for agreeing to review the music to this! Check out his Tumblr Here!
You can find the Kirby Super Star soundtrack review by clicking  ::HERE::

Kirby's Opening Title
This week, I decided to play a game I haven't played since I was young - Kirby Super Star. Just watching the opening videos brought back loads of gamer nostalgia. One thing I loved about this game was how you can choose what stages you want to play first, as well as try out the mini games. Each level has a beautiful look to it, and different challenged to overcome.
Level Select
 It took me a few minutes to remember the controls and what monsters gave what power, but after spending some time floating around and killing monsters, I was ready to play. I forgot you could turn the power you are currently using into a helper, so when I accidentally brought out a Waddle Doo I was a bit surprised. Then I remembered one of the biggest reasons I loved this game: the choice to co-op. As long as there are two controllers, a friend can play as the helper once it is brought out. There aren't many classic games with this feature, and I feel it fit perfectly into Kirby Super Star.


Waddle Doo!
This game was a big part of my childhood, and once I started playing I couldn't stop. Kirby Super Star has what I love most about Kirby- tons of different powers and abilities, a good story line, excellent music, the ability to co-op with a friend - and I wish they would either remake this or make a Kirby game to live up to it (if there is one, I haven't played it and please tell me about it). I'm happy I chose this game amazing game to remember from my past. If you haven't played it yet, get yourself a Super Nintendo, or even an emulator for your computer. This is a must play for any gamer, young or old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment